PB Cosmetology is committed to the safety and security of students, staff, and visitors on its campus. In order to support that commitment, PB maintains a School Emergency Response Plan. The policy is for the purpose of emergency prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery procedures relevant to natural and human-caused disasters. This plan is in cooperation with local and federal authorities.
Students and staff members will be notified via phone or text message of a significant emergency situations that require the school to be closed for the day, evening, or an extended period of time. A status message will also be posted to the school’s facebook page.
In the event of a significant emergency situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of student or staff PB will make every effort to notify all parties within 30 minutes of the determination. In an effort to ensure the timeliness of notification to students and staff of a significant emergency situation, personal contact information changes should be communicated to the the Student Services Advisor as soon as possible.
Before an Emergency Occurs…
- KNOW the established emergency procedures for our building and work area.
- KNOW the hazards of an materials or equipment in your building, office, or classroom.
- KNOW the means of egress in our area.
- KNOW the locations of the fire alarm pull stations.
- KNOW the locations of portable fire extinguishers and how to use them.
- KNOW the location of the nearest first-aid kit.
- STAFF MEMBERS SHOULD KNOW the location of the nearest panic button.
The building is equipped with fire safety equipment including fire extinguishers and fire alarms and smoke detectors. The building is also equipped with a security camera system, alarm system, and panic buttons.
In an effort to provide a safe and protective environment, PB students and staff are encouraged to educate themselves on basic safety and crime prevention practices.
The doors to the building will remain unlocked during regular business hours. In order to provide a safe environment, students have a duty to warn PB staff of any violations of company policies, rules and regulations, laws and/or to advise staff of any threat to the occupants of the building or company owned property. Timely warnings in a case of imminent danger will not constitute a violation of FERPA as allowed under the Campus Security/Crime Act.
In the event of an emergency evacuation, an administrator will announce over the public address system that all occupants should exit the building via the nearest exit and instruct all to meet at a designated area outside of the building.
- Junior Cosmo/ Skin students: Monmouth Street behind the fence.
- Senior Cosmo students/Nail Students: King Street in front of building.
- Administrators will exit the building after they have ensured that the building has successfully evacuated by all students, guests, and staff.
- Students and staff will be notified of an emergency situation that require the school to be closed for the day, evening, and or extended periods of time.