An Interview with the 2016 High School Scholarship Winner
- What is your educational background? I attended and graduated from Sterling High School in Somerdale, New Jersey
- Why did you choose cosmetology as a career? And PB to do your training? It has been my dream since I was 8 years old to become a cosmetologist. I chose PB because the environment and the vibe here is so amazing.
- What is your beauty weapon of choice and why (shears, clippers, razor, or product)? My beauty weapon of choice is my round brush and blow dryer. Nothing compliments a haircut or fresh color than a good blowout.
- Where do you see yourself in this industry in five years? I would like to have my educator’s license and to be in Hollywood, California working on celebrity clientele and making a name for myself in the professional beauty industry.
- If you could be a celebrity stylist to any star who would you choose and why? Any of the Kardashians or Jenners! Or Rhianna and Beyonce because they are such big stars.
- What charity or cause do you support and why? I support the LGBT community. I support them because I feel everyone has a right to be who they are.
- Do you have any secret talents? I use to be really good at belly dancing until I injured my hip.
- What would people be surprised to learn about you? I am quiet at first but once I open up to people I’m a really fun person with a big heart.
- What are your hobbies outside of the beauty industry? My biggest hobby would probably be traveling. I love being adventurous!
- What advice do you have for future PB students? Stay focused and work hard to accomplish your dream. Do not limit yourself.