Star Student, Rayven Mosley
Rayven is 23 years old and enrolled in the part-time Cosmetology Program with Mr. Stephen Scull as her instructor.
- Your educational background? I graduated from Riverside High School in New Jersey. I began my Cosmetology training at PB in September 2016.
- Why did you choose cosmetology as a career? I have always loved doing hair since I was supper little! I always practiced on my dolls and on my aunt’s old mannequin heads.
- What is your beauty weapon of choice and why? My beauty weapon of choice would be a curling iron because I love curling and being able to do things with the curls.
- Where do you see yourself in this industry in five years? In five years I see myself working in a salon during the week and doing bridal hair on the weekends. My favorite part of hair is formal design.
- If you could be a celebrity stylist to any star who would you choose and why? I would want to work on the Kardashians and the Jenners. They are always going to fun events and it would be interesting to do their hair and be around while they get ready.
- What charity or cause do you support and why? Alex’s Lemonade Stand! I have worked with and been around children my whole life so supporting the fight against childhood cancer has always been so easy for me to do.
- What would people be surprised to learn about you? I have been a dancer for 16 years!
- What are your hobbies outside of the beauty industry? I have coached cheerleading for the last five years for the organization that I grew up cheering with.
- What advice do you have for future PB students? My advice is to stay positive and stay motivated. Everything will be easier if you stay motivated and you will enjoy coming to school every day. I f you love what you do; you will never work a day in your life.