Cosmetology, Aesthetician, Barbering and Nail Technician transfers are accepted only if previous training was earned in the State of New Jersey within the past three years. Transfer students are accepted after careful evaluation and a review of the student’s academic records. The student must obtain an official transcript of hours in order to be given proper hourly credit. This policy applies to all licensure programs offered.
Once the transcript is received, the student must be evaluated in order to validate the hours. A written and practical test is administered. The School informs the NJ State Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling regarding the total number of hours for which the student will receive credit. Tuition will be pro-rated on a per hour basis. The transferring student will pay tuition at an hourly rate for the remainder of hours required by the NJ State Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling for the course. PB endeavors to place students into classrooms according to educational experience and hour requirements; however, it cannot be guaranteed that individual curriculum deficiencies will be addressed. Transfer students will be required to purchase an equipment kit.
No qualified handicapped person, by reason of the handicap, will be excluded from enrolling in a course of instruction. Additionally, the school will exert its best effort to provide reasonable special requirements for the handicapped person by nature of their handicap. If you would like to request an academic adjustment or auxiliary aids, please contact the School Director – You may request academic adjustments or auxiliary aids at any time. The School Director is responsible for coordinating compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title Ill of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Applicants who are persons with disabilities, as defined in paragraph 104.3 (j) of the regulation under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, may apply for admittance into the program. The School will work with the applicant or student to determine whether reasonable accommodations can be effective and/or are available.
Any qualified individual with a disability requesting an accommodation or auxiliary aid or service should follow this procedure:
- Notify the School Director in writing of the type of accommodation needed, date needed, documentation of the nature and extent of the disability, and of the need for the accommodation or auxiliary aid. The request should be made at least four weeks in advance of the date needed. You may contact the School Director by telephone at 856-456-4927.
- The School Director will respond within two weeks of receiving the request.
PB Cosmetology does not have a policy on vaccination at this time. The State of New Jersey does not require licensees to have any types of vaccinations.
The New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs regulates the board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling in the State of NJ. Applicants for examination and licensure must have a high school diploma or GED or a certified transcript from a high school. The New Jersey Department of Education does not recognize homeschool or online diplomas because there are no credential requirements in the state codes that verify the legitimacy of the education received.
When presented with a copy of a high school diploma or transcript that is questionable the following steps are taken to verify that the high school diploma is legitimate:
- search the NJ Department of Education for the school’s code. If the school does not have a code, the applicant must obtain a GED.
- search the State Department of Education’s website or the actual school’s website if the student obtained a high school diploma from an outside state. If the review of the website raises any questions about the diploma being presented, it will not be accepted as proof of a high school diploma and the applicant must obtain a GED.
- applicants with online diplomas must obtain a GED.
PB Cosmetology Education Centre does not offer the Ability to Benefit Testing Option.