Sunless Spray Tips with Kathy McKay
Kathy McKay is a Spray Tan Specialist at Thriv. Salon. She spent a few days at PB Beauty School this summer teaching a refresher course to our educators on Norvell Sunless tanning. Norvell promises to provide an immediate beautiful bronze tan, while also restoring the skin’s matrix. To ensure the best results, Kathy recommends following strict before and after care instructions. She left us with a wealth of tricks and tips to ensure the best results from your sunless tan. Follow Kathy’s Sunless Spray tips before and after your next spray tan at PB Beauty School!
- Make sure to shower, shave and exfoliate before your appointment. Spend a little extra time on your knees, elbows, feet and hands. Do not moisturize your skin at all prior to your spray tan! Fresh, clean skin is necessary for optimal results.
- Remove all jewelry and make-up. Do not wear deodorant, perfume or cologne. You can wear lip balm to cover your lips if you choose.
- If you are dry or peeling, please exfoliate really well to remove the dry skin before your appointment.
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk after your sunless application for up to eight hours. We suggest loose, dark clothing and flip flops.
- Please wear an old bathing suit or underwear that you can keep just for spray tanning sessions. Women can go topless if they choose.
- After your sunless application, wait at least 8 hours before you shower or exercise. You cannot get wet for 8 hours; if it is raining bring an umbrella.
- Do not exfoliate, shave or wax for at least 24 hours after your sunless application.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine. This will fade the spray tan.
- Do not worry if you see color washing off from your first shower as it is just the immediate cosmetic bronzer washing off.
- Avoid acne and anti-aging products including retinoids, glycolic or salicylic acid the day before and after your spray tan appointment.
- Deodorant soap, antibacterial soap and Dove soap will cause your tan to fade. Pat skin dry after showering; do not rub skin.
- Last but definitely not least, make sure to moisturize a few times a day!
For more tips on prolonging the life of your spray tan, read Extend the Life of Your Spray Tan.
To book your Norvell Sunless spray tan, call our salon reception desk at (856) 456-4927.